« Home | The new digg has launched although it's loading ex... » | Holy crap.I made the switch. I completely switche... » | Recently installed Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake on an ... » | Numerous websites are now popping up, critical of ... » | Holy crap. This is the funniest fark thread I've ... » | Just in case you've never heard this, a fellow blo... » | Here is a very cool article on Microsoft's Open So... » | I'm back to blogging solo since the community gig ... » | Our Addiction To Oil...The POTUS saying we are add... » | Diggfan.com Thank you to all the folks that gave ... » 

Monday, June 26, 2006 

I'm back to WinXP on my primary desktop. Frankly, because I missed the ability to listen to my music. Suse wouldn't play my mp3's "out of the box". Amarok kept telling me that it didn't like them. I tried to install what I thought I needed through Yast, but an hour later, still no sound out of my speakers. Ridiculous and frustrating. I felt that it actually took me less time to reinstall Windows and get iTunes playing, then it would trying to get Suse to give up some sound.

Eye candy will only get you so far.

You should have tried xmms, and another distro Ubuntu.

Post a Comment