« Home | Recently installed Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper Drake on an ... » | Numerous websites are now popping up, critical of ... » | Holy crap. This is the funniest fark thread I've ... » | Just in case you've never heard this, a fellow blo... » | Here is a very cool article on Microsoft's Open So... » | I'm back to blogging solo since the community gig ... » | Our Addiction To Oil...The POTUS saying we are add... » | Diggfan.com Thank you to all the folks that gave ... » | Pr1nt3r H@x0rJust when you thought you'd secured y... » | Duplicity So here's a question. The big no-no o... » 

Sunday, June 18, 2006 

Holy crap.

I made the switch. I completely switched over my primary desktop to Linux and it's not the distro that you think. I'm still running Windows XP on my new laptop, but that's only because I need to for work. You may be wondering why I said "Holy Crap"....read on..

The distro I selected for my primary desktop wasn't Ubuntu. It was Suse 10.1. In addition to this, I also got Xgl running on it and this is where the "Holy Crap" came from! I'd seen videos of Xgl before, but running it in person now is uber cool. I showed my wife (who uses the iMac and OS X) and she said "Holy Crap". It's kind of hard to impress someone who's coming from the OS X world.

Peace Out...

I've been thinking about showing my other family members SuSE for a long time. It's got a ton more bundled features than Ubuntu, without losing that "linux coolness" hah.

Post a Comment